header

二の丸のご案内 Information of Ninomaru

二の丸 Ninomaru

二の丸について


二の丸「安芸国広島城図(部分)」広島城蔵


表御門・多聞櫓・太鼓櫓古写真
(南西から。昭和戦前か。広島城蔵)


太鼓櫓・多聞櫓古写真
(東から。昭和戦前か。広島城蔵)

二の丸は本丸に次ぐ重要なくるわ(区画)で相当の規模や施設を持っている城郭が多いのですが、広島城の場合、規模が小さく、本来は本丸の馬出うまだしとして設けられたものとされます。馬出とは郭の出入り口に築かれた、堀で囲まれた小さな区画のことを指し、出入り口を守り、また外部へ出撃する際の拠点としての役割を持ちます。

近代以降も二の丸には表御門おもてごもん平櫓ひらやぐら多聞櫓たもんやぐら太鼓櫓たいこやぐらがありましたが、昭和20年(1945)の原爆被害により、石垣を残して全て失われました。昭和28年(1953)、本丸などとともに史跡として指定され、法的に保存の対象となりました。

Ninomaru is the next important district after Honmaru, therefore generally citadels have it with large scale or with many facilities. However, in case of Hiroshima Castle, the district for Ninomaru is small. It is considered that it was originally built as Umadashi. Umadashi indicates the section constructed near the gateway. It defensed the gateway and also served as the base point when Samurai sally out.
After the modern period, there were still Main Gate, Hira-Yagura(One-story turret), Tamon-Yagura (Hall turret), and Taiko-Yagura inside the Ninomaru, however, those were all lost except for stone walls, by the atomic bomb in 1945. Ninomaru, as well as Honmaru, were designated as historic landmark in 1953. That made Ninomaru legally the subject of preservation.

完成した二の丸復元建物 Completed reconstruction of Ninomaru


二の丸復元建物の工事は、表御門・御門橋が平成元年(1989)6月に始まり、同3年12月28日に完成、平櫓・多聞櫓・太鼓櫓・西側塀が同3年12月に始まり、同6年8月31日に完成しました。各櫓の内部は公開中です。

Reconstruction of Ninomaru was started in June 1989, then finished on December 28th 1991. Reconstruction of Hirayagura(one-storey turret), Tamonyagura(hall turret),Taikoyagura(drum turret), and western Hei(fence)were started in Decenmber in 1991, then finished on August 31st 1994.
Inside of each turrets are now open to pubulic viewing.